TYPE + Sundry
Wildflowers + Foliage: Modern Botanical Illustrations for Calligraphy
*** Pay less when you use use your own supplies! Bring your own watercolours (at least 6 colours) and brushes (a good quality synthetic #2 or #3 AND #0), and save $15 on workshop fees. ***
Nature-inspired illustrative elements are such a perfect accompaniment to calligraphy. How many times have you wished you could elevate your work with the right combination of florals and foliage, painted confidently and creatively by your own hand?
Too daunting? Let me simplify the process for you with step-by-step demonstrations to guide you to creating your own botanical artwork.
What You'll Learn
- sketching flowers and leaves
- the basics of colour theory, mixing and creating a harmonious colour scheme
- techniques for painting, detailing and creating depth
- composing botanical clusters, collages, and frames
Who This Workshop Is For
- complete beginners to watercolour are welcome but do note that this is a fast-paced workshop, so you should at least be confident that you'll be able to keep up!
- anyone who wants to learn to sketch and paint watercolour botanicals with ease and confidence
- A curated take-home kit, consisting of:
- full-colour instruction booklet
- travel palette filled with artist-quality watercolour paint (12 colours)
- 2 high quality brushes
- 1 set of A4 size 300gsm 100% cotton watercolour paper
- PLUS extra goodies!
Note: this workshop does not cover calligraphy and is not a lesson in loose florals. We'll be going with a more structured approach to painting botanical illustrations.
Our workshop venue is usually in Central Singapore. Details will be sent via email 2 days prior to workshop day.
IMPORTANT: Read our Workshop Terms & Conditions before making payment.