TYPE + Sundry
Modern Calligraphy: Pointed Pen Basics
+ REGISTRATION CLOSED +
** NEW ** You can now opt to replace the default pen holder with the Moblique for a small additional fee. Simply change the selection from "Default" to "Moblique" and choose your desired colour. As limited stocks are available, we will let you know if your selected colour is not available. Read more about the Moblique here.
Single colour Mobliques are combined to give the following Pastel + Chrome colour options *:
- M01: Mint Leaf + Golden Sunshine
- M02: English Rose + Copper Sunrise
- M03: Dead Sea Clay + Moonlight Shadow
* scroll through the photos above to see the actual pens.
Each time the occasion calls for class and refinement, my first thought is to reach for the Pointed Pen. Truly, there's really nothing that comes quite close to the romance of beautiful, flowing script written with it!
You might be feeling mystified by the odd-looking writing instruments and the unusual way that the pen is applied to paper.
Or you have an urge to fill up blank spaces with lines of beautiful, flowing script, but feel lost because you've always been embarrassed about your own handwriting.
Here's where I can help! At this introductory workshop, where we learn the fundamentals of Pointed Pen Calligraphy applied in a modern context, we will work together to clear up the mystery surrounding the Pointed Pen and all its persnickety ways. When we are through, I'm certain that you'll have enough confidence to get off to a great start!
p/s: do indicate in the comments if you're left-handed.
What You'll Learn
- Understanding the tools
- Pen handling, positioning and posture
- Essential strokes and the construction of basic letterforms
- How to correctly connect letters to form words
Who This Workshop is For
- Anyone and everyone who has an interest in calligraphy! We’ll be starting with the basics so you can get a good understanding of pen handling and letter construction. Complete beginners welcome. No experience necessary!
- A thoughtfully curated Starter Kit (valued at $40) consisting of: Lesson Guide + Practice Sheets, pen holder + 2 nibs + ink, and 1 pot of Finetec Mica pigment
- A selection of finger foods
- Plenty of hands-on guidance
Our workshop venue is usually in Central Singapore. Details will be sent via email 2 days prior to workshop day.
IMPORTANT : Read our Workshop Terms & Conditions before making payment.